Wednesday 18 July 2012

This is My Meter - T1D Creed!

This is My Meter


Hooooo Raaah!, Semper Fi.


This is my meter. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My meter is my best friend. 
It is my life. 
I must master it as I must master my life.
My meter, without me, is useless. 
Without my meter, I am useless. 
I must use my meter true. 
I must test to stop my enemy, diabetes, who is trying to kill me. 

My meter and myself know that what counts in this war is not the tests we do, the results, or the insulin we take. We know that it is the attitude that counts. 

My meter is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its strips and its lancet. I will keep my meter clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. 

Before my DSN, I swear this creed. 

My meter and myself are the defenders of my body. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is ours and there is no diabetes, but a fully working pancreas for all!


Hooooo Raaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment